MGM Resorts International Laborer - Horticulture (National Harbor) in National Harbor, Maryland
National Harbor, Maryland
It is the responsibility of the Laborer to assist all trades. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures.
• Assists all trades (e.g., painters, engineers, electricians, welders, carpenters, upholstery shop).
• Maintains cleanliness of shops, such as taking out trash, sweeping, and picking materials up from job sites.
• Delivers material to tool room and shops from receiving.
• Moves and replaces furniture from different functions.
• Maintains all work orders concerning the shop.
• Drives company truck/vehicle and delivers parts.
• Stocks the warehouse and maintains inventory.
• Transports goods to and from property.
• Maintains a constant awareness of safety and accident prevention, including safely operating lifts.
• Responds to and resolves guest complaints in a timely manner and creatively solves problems with the ability to anticipate, recognize, evaluate, and resolve potential difficulties.
• Ensures the privacy and confidentiality of guests and limits requests for information pertaining to guests in accordance with hotel policies.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Previous experience in a similar role in the hospitality industry or similar environment.
• Previous experience working with concrete.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Communication: The ability to communicate information clearly and politely to coworkers, supervisors, and guests when speaking, writing, and reading English. This includes targeting the amount, style, and content of the information to the needs of the receiver.
• Listening: The ability to understand key pieces of spoken information, separating relevant from irrelevant information, and following verbal instructions and explanations. This includes listening attentively to spoken information to ensure that the intended message has been accurately received, holding responses until the person has finished making his/her point, and repeating information to ensure accuracy.
• Customer Service Orientation: The ability to provide excellent service to guests and ensure their complete satisfaction. This includes greeting and interacting with guests in a friendly and enthusiastic manner, building trust, anticipating and meeting guest needs and preferences, remaining calm and professional when dealing with guests that are difficult or upset, taking ownership of guest issues or problems and taking action to quickly resolve them, and caring about and valuing guests.
• Interpersonal Skills: The ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, and positive working relationships with managers, supervisors, staff, coworkers, guests, and vendors. This includes being cooperative, approachable, and taking time to listen to and address others’ questions or concerns; treating others with kindness, respect, and dignity; and expressing empathy and compassion when dealing with the needs and problems of others.
• Team Work: The ability to participate as a committed member of a team. This includes cooperating and working well with other team members to accomplish goals and meet guest needs, being supportive of others, willingly helping others, objectively considering others’ ideas and opinions, sharing information with others, adhering to team expectations and guidelines, giving proper credit to others, and fulfilling team responsibilities.
• Detail Orientation: The ability to attend to and verify the accuracy and completeness of details in work activities. This includes focusing on the small details of work activities and taking the necessary time to ensure that all the details of completed work are correct and of high quality.
• Decision-Making: The ability to know when a decision needs to be made and having the readiness to make timely, sound decisions. This includes selecting the most promising alternative or course of action, recognizing when outside advice is needed, and committing to action, even in uncertain situations.
• Manual Dexterity: The ability to make quick, accurate, skillful, coordinated movements of one hand, one hand in coordination with its arm, or two hands to grasp, place, move, or assemble objects.
• Hand-Eye Coordination: The ability to coordinate one's eyes with one's fingers, wrists, or arms to move, carry, or manipulate objects or to perform other job-related tasks.
• Physical Strength: The ability to lift, push, pull, or carry objects using hands, arms, back, stomach, shoulders, legs, or a combination of these muscle groups.
• Stamina: The ability to exert oneself physically over long periods of time. This may include performing repetitive or strenuous tasks such as data entry or coding as well as standing and sitting for long periods.
• Agility: The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach out with the body, arms, or legs to perform job tasks.
• Safety Orientation: The ability to work safely. This includes clearly understanding and following company safety policies and procedures, completing work in a safe manner, caring about safety of self and others, responding appropriately in an emergency, and reporting unsafe conditions.
• Company Polices Knowledge: The ability and willingness to learn and understand the company’s policies, procedures, and regulations related to operations, guest relations, human resources, safety, security, and loss prevention.
MGM Resorts International develops, builds and operates unique destination resorts designed to provide a total resort experience, including first-class accommodations and dining, world-class entertainment, state-of-the-art meeting and convention facilities, and high-quality retail and gaming experiences.
With 77,000+ employees, the Company is one of the world's leading global hospitality and entertainment companies with 23 resorts. We’re proud to be recognized for our commitment to being socially responsible, including an industry-leading diversity and inclusive culture, community engagement and philanthropy initiatives, and a commitment to environmentally sustainable approaches in development and operations.
While we operate leading resorts and amenities, ultimately it is the people of MGM Resorts who make the difference daily by providing the ultimate guest experience. We welcome you to join us.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact our Corporate Diversity and Disability Outreach department at 1-844-247-0370 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .