Applied Physics Laboratory *Electrical Engineering & Computer Engineering Opportunities for New Grads 2018-2019 in Laurel, Maryland
APL offers new college graduates a wide range of career opportunities in electrical and computer engineering. As a new team member, you will work alongside the best and brightest in your field and make critical contributions to our nation's most critical challenges, right from the start.
Typical entry-level positions include (but are certainly not limited to):
- Embedded Software Engineer
- Develop novel embedded software applications used for data acquisition and control in advanced RF and communication technologies.
- Digital Electronics Design Engineer
- Design circuit board electronics and field programmable gate arrays for space flight instrumentation hardware and ground support equipment.
- Algorithm Design Analyst
- Conduct analyses of radar system algorithms, develop novel modeling and simulation (M&S;) capabilities, and identify new algorithms for defense radar systems.
- Software Defined Radio Engineer
- Design and implement digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms for software defined radio (SDR) systems in non-traditional navigation applications and in analyzing defense systems.
- Communications Engineer
- Design, develop, implement, and test applications related to communication systems, distributed computing, sensor network simulations, and vulnerability assessments.
- Wireless Systems Engineer
- Prototype software/hardware wireless systems and perform system integration and testing for complex communication and networking technologies.
- System Engineering/Analysis
- Determine the system needed to solve a given problem in an effective and economical way; represent systems by mathematical models for evaluation and parametric definition; integrate system parameters; perform dynamic analysis of closed-loop control systems; develop and conduct experiments with prototype components, subsystems, and total systems.
- BS, MS, or PhD in electrical engineering, computer engineering, ECE, or related field.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (on 4.0 scale).
- Less than one year of full-time professional experience.
- U.S. citizenship will be required for most positions. Because government security clearance is required for most positions, selected applicants must meet eligibility requirements, which include U.S. citizenship.
Note: When prompted to upload attachments, please include a resume and copy your college transcripts (unofficial is fine).
At the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), we bring world-class expertise and game-changing impact to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. Our team members enjoy a wide selection of meaningful and challenging work, generous benefits, and flexible work schedules. At APL, we encourage all staff members to pursue work/life balance and engage in life-long learning. To learn more about careers at APL, please visit http://www.jhuapl.edu/employment/.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972 and other applicable laws. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Primary Location: Maryland-Laurel
Req ID: 18269