Gilead Sciences, Inc. Research Site Head in Gaithersburg, Maryland
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job
Kite, a Gilead Company, is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to selectively target and kill cancer cells. Our core technology involves the genetic engineering of T cells, or white blood cells, to express either chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) or T cell receptors (TCRs) for the treatment of advanced solid and hematological malignancies. We are on a rapid growth trajectory and have a highly energized and accomplished team.
This leader will be responsible for defining, growing and managing the Kite Maryland site. This will include defining and executing the strategy of cell therapy research including representing the Maryland site as a member of the overarching Kite Cell Therapy Research Leadership Team.
The person will be responsible for prioritizing the allocation of resources, overseeing management and ensuring the continued excellence of the scientific infrastructure required to support this research organization. Additionally, this role will play a critical role in key corporate initiatives including strategic partnering and business development activities as they relate to this therapeutic area.
The person considering this opportunity should have the following areas of expertise:
o Cellular and molecular biology
o Adoptive cellular therapies
o Cellular immunology
o Cell engineering (viral and non-viral vectors)
o Translational medicine development
This individual must be a builder, who has the capability of leading at high levels, participating at the executive level, yet still retaining the scientific expertise to be a subject matter expertise in cellular engineering to provide support at the scientific strategy and execution levels on the occasions this is needed.
The following are important components of this role – to either provide directly or ensure provided by the management and leadership organization to be built:
• Provide strategic and technical, molecular immunology/ T cell biology and molecular biology leadership and definition
• Lead / contribute to the establishment of methods to indentify neo-antigen TCRs and to characterize and understand the impact of cell engineering steps on the genome, biology and function of TCR-T cell products
• Build an environment and culture focused on product safety and efficacy
• Lead / contribute to the establishment of methods to characterize and understand the impact of donor-to-donor variability on engineered TCR-T product genotype and phenotype with regard to safety
• Lead / contribute to the establishment of programs to identify relevant biomarkers for desired CART potency and safety characteristics and to demonstrate product consistency
• Lead / contribute to relevant and impactful innovation programs internally and external collaborations to enhance TCR-T characterization technologies and work-processes, aligned with emerging business drivers and Regulatory expectations
• Demonstrate strong leadership, personal accountability and interpersonal skills, and capability for mentoring (direct reports and others)
• Present data / strategy to scientists and management in internal and external venues (technical meetings, Project Team meetings, conferences) and publish in peer-reviewed journals, as appropriate
• Maintain familiarity with the relevant current literature and its application to TCR-T characterization and understanding
o PhD degree in Immunology / Molecular Biology with 10+ years of post-graduate experience in relevant roles in academia/ industry, in the development of methods/ tools for investigation and characterization of T cell genotype, phenotype and function
o 8+ years managing, leading, building teams and organizations successfully to the fruition of the goals and objectives set forth for the company, the people in the company, and the patient
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com . Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma .
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT at http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT at http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community at http://gilead.avature.net/Gilead