AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP Contract Strategy Manager- Oncology in Gaithersburg, Maryland
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Contract Strategy Manager, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
Assist in defining contract/channel strategies and platforms for Brands within the AZ product portfolio for launch and in-line products while maintaining consistency with that strategy as it is implemented. Drive business analytics to support contract/channel strategy activities and partner with Customer Facing account roles, including Oncology GPOs, National & Regional accounts, Provider Networks, Channels and Sales. The Contract Strategy Manager will work closely with the Managed Care Finance Group to ensure all contract/channel strategies and offerings have financial justification based on ROI and sound business judgment in addition to assisting in the assessment and performance of existing contract/channel strategies & corresponding offerings. Support the Contract Strategy team to deliver timely and comprehensive contract submissions and segment strategies for their Therapeutic Areas during the Segment Strategy Summit and Contract Governance Committee (GGC) processes.
· Assists in the implementation of contract and channel strategies and contracting platforms.
· Coordinate with team of analysts/specialists in operational activities such as rebates, chargebacks, government reporting, contract writing and process approvals.
· Monitors environment and practices for shifts in trends or behaviors, interpret likely impact and suggest appropriate actions.
· Develops deep understanding of competitive market conditions that affect pricing for individual brands, therapeutic areas and overall industry.
· Evaluates changing marketplace and proactively make recommendations on pricing strategies as related to managed care, reimbursement environment, federal and state regulations
· Lead the ongoing analysis to monitor Channel Mix, Disease Epidemiology, Brand Forecast, Managed Market Rates
· Partnering with Medical and HEOR to create models for Outcomes Based Agreements
· Serves as a resource for Licensing and Business Development in assessing price for potential opportunities
· Bachelor's degree in relevant field (Marketing, Science, Economics or Finance)
· Minimum 5 years pharmaceutical or related business
· Sound understanding of Market Access and Healthcare delivery
· Analytical skills including problem solving, forecasting, contract development and financial modeling
· Demonstrated negotiation & relationship building skills
Experience in Oncology of Specialty Products
Multi industry marketing practice
Thorough understanding of AZ business model with specific knowledge of brand team operation, brand planning and sales model
Experience with both HCP and Consumer Marketing
· Significant experience in pharmaceutical sales and/or healthcare industry
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.