Osiris Therapeutics, Inc. Collections Specialist in Columbia, Maryland
The Collections Specialist is responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts,
including collection calls and/or correspondence, operating in a fast-paced goal-oriented finance
department. This position is accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts. The Financial
Collections Specialist position reports to the Credit and Collections Manager.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
• Providing customer service regarding collection issues, processing customer refunds, processing
and reviewing account adjustments, and resolving client discrepancies and short payments.
• Performing customer calls, account adjustments, small balance write off, and customer
reconciliations as well as processing monthly credit memos and the appropriate reporting.
• Delivering weekly and monthly reports to direct supervisor.
• Creating monthly delinquency notices.
• Placing a high volume of phone calls to assigned delinquent customers.
• Resolving customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances that are due.
• Providing outstanding customer service to customers, dealers, and sales staff.
• Ensuring positive internal and external customer interface.
• Participating in team planning meetings.
• Meeting defined department goals and activity metrics.
• Enlisting the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection
• Communicating and following up effectively with the sales department regarding customer
accounts on a timely basis.
• Establishing and maintaining effective and cooperative working relationships with vendors and
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Associate’s degree.
• 3-5 years of high volume corporate collections experience.
• Knowledge of billing and collections procedures.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Desire to meet/exceed goals.
• Commitment to excellent customer service.
• Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Accounts Receivable knowledge/experience.
Osiris Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. Applicants are considered on the basis of individual merit without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, age, religion, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
External Company URL: www.osiris.com
Street: 7015 Albert Einstein Drive