Geico Payroll Tax Specialist in Chevy Chase, Maryland
Payroll Tax Specialist
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States at https://geico.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/8694/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Finance & Accounting at http://geico.referrals.selectminds.com/landingpages/finance-accounting-opportunities-at-geico-41
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
GEICO ’s Treasury Department is seeking a Payroll Tax Specialist to join the team.
As the Payroll Tax Specialist you will be responsible for running reports to audit payroll results to identify any errors and make all necessary corrections prior to closing of the payroll cycle. You will also analyze and communicate with regional HR and staff departments regarding inaccuracies or discrepancies in time or pay actions while entering transactions in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate will be highly skilled and a well-rounded professional that is able to work under general supervision when conducting day to day task. The candidate will have time management skills with the ability to meet all payroll deadlines.
Key responsibilities for the position to include:
• Processes work that is assigned to you and assist team members as needed for timely execution of payroll input and resulting audits.
• Processes pay and time corrections for any retro pay due to the associate
• Runs and reviews payroll reports on Fridays of non-pay week and Mondays of pay week to verify that all processing is accurate and will be picked up in the payroll calculation routines as expected
• Provides advice and support to fellow payroll associates and customers as needed for processing payroll
• Maintains a strong relationship with Corporate Retirement Dept. to assist in all pension related payments
• Work as a team member to process large annual enrollments such as United Way, e-comp validations, 401K or pensions etc.
• College degree and prior payroll experience preferred
• Demonstrated experience working with excel
• Payroll Workday experience a plus.
• Ability to work overtime as needed.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
401(k) and profit-sharing plans
Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
Associate assistance program
Flexible spending accounts
Business casual dress
Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
Associate clubs and sports teams
GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.