Maryland government jobs JOB SERVICE SPECIALIST II in Calvert, Maryland
The Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation (DLLR), Division of Workforce Development and Adult Learning (DWDAL) is accepting applications from qualified candidates for Job Service Specialist II. Please advised that travel may be required and a State vehicle may not always be available. Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle will apply according to the State travel policy.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Responsible for conducting interviews with persons seeking employment and for providing assistance to employers needing qualified personnel to fill vacancies.
- Interviews job applicants to determine occupational qualifications and classifications and analyzes work experience, education and vocational training and degree of job readiness;
- Evaluates an applicant's qualifications such as education, experience and skills, in order to select only those applicants for referral who are qualified for vacancies reported by employers;
- Advises applicants on workforce development program policies and procedures and offers guidance on techniques of applying for jobs;
- Conducts interviews for job applicants who are experiencing problems in occupational choice or occupational adjustment;
- Appraises applicant's suitability for a variety of job openings available and assists applicant in choosing between alternatives, then refers applicant to employer;
- Receives job orders from employers and determines job content, skills and abilities requires and other occupational data necessary for selection of qualified workers;
- Evaluates need for specialized or technical services by applicants and employers, and arranges for services to meet these needs;
- Solicits employers to develop a job for a specific applicant or group of applicants and encourages employers to modify selection requirements to enable acceptance of disadvantaged applicants;
- Promotes the continuing use of the public workforce development service or special programs for the disadvantaged by employers;
- Develops and maintains working relationships with employers in an effort to solicit interviews for specific applicants, provides special recruitment services, keeps abreast of current and potential employer needs, and promotes a greater mutual understanding of programs and services;
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience in the field of workforce development, taking job orders, conducting job-ready interviews, registering job applicants, verifying job referrals, conducting vocational placements, performing unemployment adjudications, or appraising job applicants for employability.
Education at an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience at a rate of thirty credit hours for each year of experience.
Active duty military recruiting experience or career counseling experience may be substituted on a year-by-year bases for the required education.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
At least two (2) years customer service experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Two years of experience in the field of workforce development, conducting job-ready interviews, registering job applicants, verifying job referrals, conducting vocational placements, performing unemployment adjudications, or appraising job applicants for employability.
Ability to speak Spanish or other languages.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
All candidates are subject to a background check against files maintained by the Division of Unemployment Insurance (DLLR/DUI) to determine whether any monies are owed to DLLR/DUI as a result of an unemployment insurance overpayment and/or fraud. Any unpaid debt may have an impact on whether or not a candidate is offered employment.
Applicants must provide sufficient information on the application to show they meet the qualifications for this recruitment. RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS. All information concerning the qualifications, including any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certificate, etc.) must be submitted an received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered. Applications that meet minimum and/or selective qualifications will be referred to the hiring unit for interview selection. Units will select those candidates most closely demonstrating the qualifications for interview.
If you have any questions about this recruitment, please contact the Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation at 410-230-6300.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendum may be mailed to:
DLLR Office of Human Resources
Attn: Brittany Small 18-003210-0007
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 100
Baltimore, MD 21201
The MD State Application Form can be found online
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation is an equal opportunity employer. It is policy of DLLR that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Department: DLLR Workforce Dev - Ofc of the Asst Secy
Date Opened: 11/8/2018 1:51:00 PM
Filing Deadline: 11/22/2018 11:59:00 PM
Salary: $32,364.00 - $41,541.00 (With Potential Growth to $50,818.00/year)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Work Location: Allegany Anne Arundel Baltimore City Baltimore County Calvert Caroline Carroll Cecil Charles Dorchester Frederick Garrett Harford Howard Kent Montgomery Prince George's Queen Anne's Somerset St. Mary's Talbot Washington County Wicomico Worcester