CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. SAS Platform Administrator in Baltimore, Maryland
SAS Platform Administrator
Find similar career opportunities
SAS Platform Administrator
Category: Database Administration
City: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Position ID: J0918-0895
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Become part of a team to help a large government agency support research and statistics efforts that help agency officials make recommendations on reforms.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Provide day-to-day operation of the SAS platform, and provide project support to researchers and analysts as they begin to use the SAS data analytics capabilities.
The qualified resource will perform the following activities:
• Configure and effectively manage: 1) Software to hardware installation, 2) Metadata management, and 3) User configuration and access.
• Fully administer SAS Data Analytics Platform (DAP), including all the products installed on the platform
• Provide knowledge transfer to others regarding a multi-tier windows platform instance
• Be responsible for day to day operation of the platform
• Provide technical guidance and support to client staff currently supporting the reporting environment.
• Develop policy and procedures for the data analytics platform
• Fulfill all standard SAS Administration type duties such as creating users, groups, defining libraries, databases (DB2/Oracle/SQL Server/others), creating security scheme, implement security profiles, configure SAS tools on DAP, apply hot-fixes issued by SAS as appropriate, monitor DAP platform for operational status and resources, monitor security access to the platform, etc.
• Interface and coordinate activities as pertaining to SAS between the technical team, users, and management.
• Serve as the primary End User point of contact for any SAS Analytic Tools support cases, will help to troubleshoot analytic tool issues for our users, especially those interfacing with SAS.
• Interact with users, operations teams, and SAS Support. They will access SAS Technical Support tracks and perform root cause analysis to provide solutions to problems, will assist in the design and implementation of analytic solutions, will create and maintain security, and perform software installations, configurations, monitoring, data migrations, upgrades, and other environmental tasks.
• Work with infrastructure teams for hardware concerns and ongoing maintenance and upgrades.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Looking for a SAS expert with 5+ years of experience working on top of a Windows platform with skills in server and desktop administration and SAS software configuration including Metadata. This person must understand the hardware and software interactions in order to optimize the system settings that will drive out the best solution performance and ensure proper integration of SAS Enterprise Business Intelligence tools.
• Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Math or related degree. Master's or higher degree can be substituted for years of experience
• Experience managing multi-tier SAS platform with the following:
o SAS Statistical Modules including Base SAS and additional statistical modules
o SAS Enterprise Data Miner Studio (EM)
o SAS Text Miner
o SAS Content Categorization
o SAS Enterprise Forecaster Studio (EF)
o SAS Enterprise Data Management Studio including Dataflux studio (EDM)
o SAS Visual Analytics (2 servers) (VA)
o SAS Enterprise Business Intelligence (EBI)
o SAS Model Manager
o SAS Connect (Connectivity to Mainframe SAS and Mainframe DB2 Databases)
o SAS Administration Software
o SAS Information Retrieval studio
o SAS Studio
• Experience with SAS Management Console
• Creating libraries (SAS and RDBMS)
• Both SAS and OS level security knowledge
• Developing and creating security schemes
• Creating users, groups, roles
• Administering applications
• Experience with SAS server deployment and administration
• Experience with SAS configuration files
• Experience with SAS in windows environments
• Experience with PIV card and Active Directory Authentication
• Experience administering SAS Mid-tier
• Experience with SAS EBI, EDM, EM, Forecaster, Model Manager, Visual Analytics
• Experience with SAS Scheduling Process
• Experience with different SAS servers and troubleshooting potential configuration problems
• Experience with SSL encryption of mid-tier information preferred
• Experience with DB2 Database preferred
• Setting up Data Access in SAS, including registering libraries and tables in the metadata, updating table metadata, setting up data access, and troubleshooting data access
• Web Application Server administration and configuration knowledge
• Be a proactive self-starter
• Excellent communication skills and an effective technical writer
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.